Thursday, April 7, 2016

Food Before a Workout

This may sound crazy, but one thing I enjoy about having a Personal Training Certificate, is earning 4 CE Credits every year to keep it updated and valid. One way I can earn them, is by reading articles in the CanFitPro Magazine, and passing an online multiple choice test about what I read. The test are easy to pass, because it's open book, but I learn a lot.


One article I really enjoyed was called Whole Food Endurance Fueling. It talks about eating simple carbs, like fruit, before a workout. Something light, easy to digest, it will stay down, and won't make a comeback.


 

As suggested by the article, here's what I usually have before a workout, a banana, apple, and a cup of coffee. So far, the only times what I had before a work out made a comeback, was when I drank too much water, or over did it with Pull Ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment