Sunday, July 10, 2016

Injuries

Last month I tore my left calf running to First Base in a Slow Pitch Softball game. I couldn't play for 2 weeks, and I've had to cutback on jogging outside. I'm almost back to 100%, but I've done some indoor jogging on the spot, and online spinning class, while I wait to jog outside again.

I've had an exercise bike for a couple years, but other then using it to warm up my legs, before I did a leg workout, I didn't use it much. If you're similar to me, and rehabbing a leg injury, or just looking to use your exercise bike more, I found 2 great 20 minute Spinning Class workouts on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hl1WAGKjMc&spfreload=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd9VxqWxPuw&spfreload=5

One wasn't enough, so I did them back to back, and could really feel I worked hard after I was done. The next day is always the key, and my legs were sore, in a good way, so it was a great replacement for jogging.

I'll go ahead and address what we all are thinking in the first workout. Funny, how they always have to put the woman with the biggest chest right in front of the camera. I'll just leave it at that, but doing the workout, you're focused on cycling, so it isn't a distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment